Romance is in the air! The most exciting part about new loves is getting to know them, which is why asking all the right questions holds a lot of weight. After all, it is through this that you will start to learn more about what they think, how they feel and their thoughts about the world around them.
Be it cute first date worthy questions, romantic sweeping you off your feet type of questions, or cutting to the chase and asking the important ones— we all have things that we want to get to the bottom of. Here are 50 questions to ask your girlfriend that the two of you could bond over together.
Fun Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Life isn’t all about the serious stuff! Being in a relationship means having someone to share laughter with, so it’s important to ask questions that will get the both of you in stitches. It’s time to get settled and creative with your answers, as here are some questions that are bound to lead to the both of you gasping for air— in a way that’s out of the bedroom.
- If we started a band together, what would you want us to be called? What would our lead single be?
- What world record do you think you could set or break?
- If you wrote erotic novels, what would your pseudonym be? What would your first book be called, and what genre would it be?
- Do you have a phone voice or a puppy/baby voice?
- What’s the latest you’ve ever stayed up in your pyjamas in the day?
- If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
- You wake up and find out that you’re home alone in your childhood house. What’s the first thing you do now that you have the place all to yourself?
- If you could cause one minor inconvenience to the person you hate the most, what would it be and how would you do it?
- What is the weirdest fact you know?
- What’s your favourite curse word? Why?
Interesting and Reflective Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
The art of asking questions lies in how open-ended they are. Here are some head-scratchers that will get your girl pausing to think about her answers before jumping right into it. We’d recommend listening to what she has to say, then bouncing off her answers to keep her mind even further more engaged. No room for any simple short answers here!
- How do you want people to remember you?
- If you could win a lifetime supply of anything, what would it be?
- If you found 10,000 bucks tomorrow, what would you do with it?
- What’s an urban legend about where you’re from?
- What do you have a strong opinion on that is unimportant in the grand scheme of things?
- Have you ever gotten petty revenge on somebody? What did you do?
- What’s your favorite “make a rule” in drinking games?
- Has a book made you cry? What was it?
- Are you happy right now?
- Would you rather be the damsel in distress or the hero to save the day?
Past Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Who we were in the past plays a huge role in the people we are today. Asking your girlfriend about her past may lead to two situations; one where she is nostalgic and is more than happy to share about the fun times or two, where she gets upset about revisiting tough times. Here’s where you need to pay attention and make sure you’re touching the right ground as you wouldn’t want to force her to talk about something she isn’t comfortable with.
However, being upfront and tackling topics like this shows that you’re not afraid to get to know her, which is a great sign that she will appreciate it. Just keep watching how she reacts to the questions and be ready to abandon ship when needed.
- What TV show or character were you obsessed with as a kid?
- What was your nickname amongst your primary school circles?
- What’s your greatest accomplishment in high school?
- What’s the most difficult thing you’ve had to go through as a teenager?
- Have you ever been in a relationship when you weren’t in love?
- Where did you grow up? Where’s the best place you’ve lived?
- What was your most embarrassing moment in school?
- Who was your high school crush? How many did you have?
- What were you like in high school? In what way have you changed the most?
- What skill did you master when you were a child that you’ve forgotten since?
Intimate Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Intimacy plays a huge part in any relationship, which is why it is often stressed on so much. While physical intimacy gets the most rep when this topic is being discussed about (and can you blame us? It’s just so fun), emotional intimacy is just as important— if not, even more so necessary in order to have a strong and loving relationship.
Intimate questions are the perfect way to pick at your girlfriend’s brain, to understand her and your relationship better.
- When we met for the first time, what was your first thought about me?
- What was it that made you realise that you wanted to be in a relationship with me?
- What do you find most attractive about me?
- What are the three things that you are most thankful for in your life right now?
- Out of everything we’ve done, what has been your favourite adventure of ours that we did together?
- What do you like most about us?
- Do you have any unfulfilled fantasies? Is there any way I can help with that?
- Is there anything you want to say to me but you’ve felt like you couldn’t? Why and how can I be better?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve gotten this year?
Personal Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
It’s all fun and games until it gets real. You can ask her every burning question under the sun but none of it truly will show your appreciation for her. Sure, you could treat her by doing something like a grand gesture of love— such as bringing her breakfast in bed— but does it go any more than just that? If anything, you just showed her you can work the stove.
Try asking her these questions that are more emotion-based, so that your girlfriend will really feel that you truly care for her. Especially if her love language happens to be words of affirmation, these questions will truly melt her heart into a puddle if happen to ask something that’s been on her mind for a while now. Make her feel as loved and cared for as you’d want to with these:
- What was the best part of your week?
- When you woke up, what was your first thought this morning?
- How can I make your day better?
- Is there anything you’ve wanted to do for a while, but need help with?
- How have you been feeling lately?
- Is there something coming up that you’re perhaps nervous about?
- What has been something that is stressing you out lately?
- Is there anything I can do that would help you relax?
- How are your family and friends?
- Have you done anything for yourself lately? Can I help?
And with that, we have finished our list! You might be wondering what is the point of this exercise but the truth is that something as simple as asking your girlfriend questions could be the highlight of her day. Think about it; you make her laugh, cry (sometimes, it’s a good thing, fellas!), and even maybe turn her on depending on what you’re asking.
Communication is a two-way street though, so you need to contribute just as much as she is! Try breaking free of the boomer stereotype of men not being great listeners and hating their significant other— you’re a better man than that, and she knows it too.
The best relationships are built on trust, which is only possible when the two of you bear it all with each other. Vulnerability is scary but it forms a deep bond with people once someone is willing to open up that much of themselves to you. Through a deep understanding of the other person’s life, needs, and goals, the relationship is bound to last through challenges.
For more tips on how to keep your girlfriends happy, you might want to tune into Sugarbook for more! Check out our past articles on dating places and ideas if you reckon a little surprise date night is a pick me up your girlfriend would appreciate.
Till the next one, lovebirds!